Molar Mayhem

What a beautiful morning!
The sun is shining. The birds are chirping and the smell of coffee fills the air.
I grab my beloved blanket and snuggle up with a good book.

Suddenly, a faint screech pierces the air. I rush to find Emmie sulking and all around pissed at the world.

The birds fly away and the sun hides behind the clouds.

This can only mean one thing in the Crunchy household... TEETHING TIME.
I don't know why but both my girls do not take this well. Poor CC had the high fevers which put me in lunatic mode and  then Emmie didn't get her first teeth until nine months which made me a freak for stalking her gums.
Wait, maybe I can't handle teething time well. Whatevs.

Anyways, today we welcome the molars for poor Emmie. Not just one or two but all four. Like big sister like little sister. There was one thing that soothed CC during my non crunchy time and that was alternating ibuprofen and tylanol. Nowadays, I have the amber necklaces and essential oils.

These two things alone have revolutionized teething. Less sadness and pain overall which is pretty damn awesome.
Maybe I am good at this teething thing! There is hope.

But alas the molars have been causing their notorious mayhem without any comfort. No amount of clove oil or amber has soothed her gums. No teething toy or frozen treat has eased her pain. The only thing she has continued to enjoy would be her (ahem MY) boobies. Breastfeeding for the win.

She continues to have her low grade fever (99-102) but that's what I've learned to expect from my girls.

Some tips I have to surviving teething time whether it's the no big deal first tooth or the molars/canines (shutters in fear about canine future) are...

• invest in good amber jewelry for baby and yourself. I HIGHLY suggest MOMMA BEAN STALK. You won't be sorry.
• frozen wash cloth with apple sauce helps the teeth cut through and relieves pain.
• food grade silicone teething toys (I suggest appeteethers) are a good thing on the go and can attach to carriers
• teething tablets which I use if sleep is the last thing on their mind (rarely now that we babywear)
• clove essential oil I suggest do your own research on brands and techniques
• wear all the time. It helps ease babies discomfort along with helps reduce fevers if you do skin to skin
• relax momma easier said than done believe me. After around 5 ER trips with CC I've learned there isn't a normal teething child. It's all a crazy mess. Talk to your babies doctor about fevers and what they believe is considered a normal realm of temperature along with what to do when you're worried. 

As for me, I'm going to relax while my crazy baby sleeps away.

-YCM

**remember I'm no doctor and what works for us may not work for yall. Research guys! Learning is awesome**